Saturday, December 6, 2008

MMMMMMM Mugler

There's not much to say about Thierry Mugler, except that he is indeed a very special talent.  I feel the fashion world has been easily amused by some new and young "designers" that may be lacking in the talent department and then I feel bad and think I'm being too critical.  Then I go back and look at some old fashion footage of Mugler's Haute Couture collections and take it all back. I'm not being too critical at all, if anything my expectations have sunken lower over the years.  This is what fashion should be about- new ideas, unbridled creativity, and impeccable workmanship melded into one.     

These clips are from Thierry Mugler's spring/summer 1997 Haute Couture collection.  Look out for larger than life supermodel Jerry Hall.



No comments: